Skip to main content

Featured

Pixel Buds A-Series | Unboxing & Hands-On

Chromebook duet First impressions





I’ve spent a few days with the Lenovo Chromebook duet and I have some thoughts I’d like to share.  The full review is coming soon, but I’ve noticed some things in the first few days I’d like to share with you.




The first thing I’ve noticed is very minimal flex in my unit, I’m not sure if it’s an issue with my particular unit or if it’s widespread.  Either way, it’s not a deal-breaker, just kind of weird I must see if it becomes a problem over the review period.  


The second thing I’ve noticed is that the specs are more than enough for my average tablet tasks.  Rocking a MediaTek P60T:
4GB of RAM
and 128GB of storage
Reading books on kindle, browsing the web, reading comics, scrolling through social media, the tablet workload feels great.  

Gaming is also very smooth.  Playing Minecraft feels like a breeze and the touch screen is responsive and fast, same for ROBLOX and other lightweight games.  Unfortunately, this speed can’t help my horrible gaming skills ;).  I need to mention that this preliminary testing is for a tablet workload, I’ve yet to test my full workload and I’m saving that for the full review.




Notice how only 2 apps are in the multitasking switcher but in the shelf it says there is three apps active,


Tablet mode is a marvelous experience, that's mostly complete.  There are some issues such as apps shown as running in the shelf but not in the multitasking screen but there's support software on this tablet for 8 years so the experience can only get better.  In the release's wake there has been almost no third-party support for simple things such as cases and screen protectors. The nearest ship dates are early June.  Hopefully, we can all holdout until those much-needed accessories arrive.  Thankfully, the included kickstand case is thin and has a tight magnetic hold.  You can dangle the tablet from the kickstand, that tablet isn’t going anywhere.  I can't speak for the keyboard yet, but there will be a full report for the full review.


I can’t wait to see what this fun little tablet grows into through the next 2 years. Never gonna buy an iPad ever :D.


Thanks for reading and please like and subscribe to my new YouTube channel.




New content Every Friday-Saturday

Comments

  1. thank you for your review! I have been thinking about purchasing it and this has really helped me come to a desicion! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Chrome OS you can change the direction of the scrolling for the track pad in settings. Go to Settings>Touchpad>toggle the Reverse scrolling button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I saw that, I'm sure I enabled it but I'll have to check. The trackpad on the duet needs some work in gen 2.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If have something to say go ahead and speak your mind but please do so with respect for others opinions.

Popular Posts