Skip to main content

Featured

Pixel Buds A-Series | Unboxing & Hands-On

Farewell Microsoft stores: I knew ye

On June 27th, 2020 I was scrolling the front page of The Verge and saw the breaking news, Microsoft was shutting down all physical stores and converting some to experience that will not sell products.  I for one forged a lot of memories in my local Microsoft store and I am sad to see them go.

 

For me, the Microsoft store represented a lot more than just a storefront, it was a showcase of the talent and care that went into each product.  Some stores featured products such as mixed reality and you could always demo the newest PC and Xbox games on a comfy chair.  I would never be able to buy a surface studio, but I draw on one and feel the experience at the Microsoft store.  

 

Often, I went to the Mall for the sole reason of visiting the Microsoft store, technically I could get the same experience from a best buy, but the atmosphere just was not the same.  The Microsoft store had a creative atmosphere, enjoyable, a fun place to be.  I was never there to buy anything; I was there to have fun.  From Minecraft tournaments to going hands-on with newly announced hardware and software I just remember the feeling of accessing the best that Microsoft had to offer.  

 

The Microsoft store was also the place to repair your Surface device if need be.  Honestly, the experience was like the genius bar in an Apple store (at least at my location) in about 2-3 hours they would have the device good as new.  As an Android fan this was closest, I got to an Apple store experience.

 

I will always remember the Microsoft stores for their beauty and polish, and for the atmosphere that gave me joy in playing with the newest gadgets.  That experience kickstarted my love for tech, and I will never forget it.

 

Farewell Microsoft stores, I will miss ye

 


Comments

Popular Posts