Skip to main content

Featured

Pixel Buds A-Series | Unboxing & Hands-On

WH-1000XM3 review: lasting impressions



The Sony WH-1000XM3 are the first pair  of noise-cancelling headphones I've ever tried and used extensively. For a first experience Sony did not disappoint, this is the BenTechCode Sony WH-1000XM3 review.


Let's start at Design, the M3 has better industrial design than its predecessor the M2.  The design allows for both passive and active noise cancelation, more on that later.  The cups fit very tight on the ears which is great for when you're walking and despite the complaints of others, I like that fit.  I could wear these headphones for hours on end with no discomfort. 

 
 

 
 

Speaking of hours on end let's talk battery life, the M3 gets an estimated 30 hours of battery life and so far, those claims have been fairly exact with 25 hours with Noise cancellation.  I've gone entire weeks on mild usage and 4 days on heavy usage.  Overall, the battery life is excellent, as is the port choice as it has USB-C for charging and a 3.5 Mm headphone jack (thank you!).  That headphone jack has become invaluable to me as my guitar amplifier doesn't have Bluetooth, being able to use these headphones at that ability is amazing. 

 
 

The sound is also exceptionally good although a bit too much bass, I fixed this changing the EQ in the Sony sound app on the play store.  The sound is unlike any other headphones I've tried, it is truly immersive and captures every sound in music, podcasts, and movies (rogue one was amazing).  These are my first pairs of premium headphones and Sony knocked my socks off with the sound. 

 
 

The real feature is the noise cancellation, being able to seal yourself into your own realm of silence and focus on the task at hand is like a superpower.  These headphones block out most of everything letting in just enough to not be annoying.  When I need to be more aware Ambient mode suffices for my needs and pipes in the sounds I need to hear.  Overall, this noise cancelation is king and is the main selling point for these headphones; well deserved.  

 
 

I do wish there were multipoint connection as there is in other headphones such as the Surface headphones.  That features fits into my workflow so perfectly I would buy Surface headphones for that reason alone.  Hopefully, Sony fixes that and the lack of better placed Microphones. 

 
 

Still....those faults cannot take away from the experience of the current generation M3.  The M4 is coming soon but the M3 still packs a punch, well worth the price for some.  The M3 has made a lasting impression on me and until I get other pairs for review, they will be my king of headphones. 



Thank you for reading and watching
Best,
BenTechCoder

Comments

Popular Posts