Skip to main content

Featured

Pixel Buds A-Series | Unboxing & Hands-On

Why I use Android






With the recent releases of iOS 14 I saw how much iOS has advanced as an OS.  Many people, especially in the US, use iOS for the stability and just sheer smoothness that it brings to the table.  That's not me, here's why. 
  
My first phone was a Moto G5+ and running Android 8.1 Oreo it was a delightful experience.  Sure, both the Processor and screen were basically crap but even with those factors' Android gave me a cheap and effective gateway to the internet and world of tech.  Oreo ran smooth with the occasional hiccup due to the hardware, but the true power of Android came at about a year later after I had bought the Moto G5.   
  
About a year later I discovered the sacred history of Microsoft; specifically, Windows Phone and it was at that moment I realized that through its many faults Windows Phone had an excellent home screen interface.  I was getting bored with the standard layout anyways so I did what any nerd would do: I scoured the play store and Web for the best launchers to give me the Windows Phone look I was looking for.  Sure enough I found Squarehome (and later Launcher 10 which is currently my alternate launcher of choice).  This would be impossible to carry out on iOS, so maybe your starting to get it.  The sheer power of Android is seen in the customization features built in, and launchers such as nova launcher go even deeper. 


 
The power of choice is why I use Android, I have the choice to make my phone look like a Windows Phone from 2014 if I want to and no one can stop me.  I like having the choice of a Pixel, Galaxy, Oneplus, even a Nokia if I really wanted to.  All that amazing hardware on one OS.   
  
Another reason I use Android is because I just refuse to be locked into an ecosystem.  Currently I use a combination of Google/Microsoft/other apps on my phone and laptop and for me that's fine.  Too many people just cannot leave iOS, more likely than not over iMessage.  I'm not in denial of the situation of messaging on Android but I already wrote plenty about that here and here.  It's just that Apple makes it harder to buy and use anything other than an Apple device, their strategy is genius put the implications point to lock-in. don't appreciate that. 
  
Using Android makes me part of a minority of users in the US, choice is what makes Android so powerful, yes that power at my fingertips is why I use Android. 


Thanks for reading please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel 
Best. 
BenTechCoder 

Comments

Popular Posts